Thursday, June 26, 2014

How to Never Make the Wrong Decision Again

If you're anything like me, you've seen your fair share of bad decisions. Whether it was that one last shot of tequila, dating a psycho or taking a holiday from working and living off your visa, you've probably reflected back on some of your life choices and asked yourself; what the hell was I thinking?! While making mistakes and learning from them is a part of our passage to adulthood, some of us (ahem, cough, cough) keep making the same type of mistake over and over again. Well, there's good news; you don't have to anymore. I'm sure by this point you are thinking this is just too good to be true, but I've had MANY clients benefit from this exercise. In fact, people have told me that the information I'm about to share with you has made a profound improvement on their life, to the point that their life's path has taken them totally off course to a completely different and better place. 
You see, if you know yourself and what is really important to you, and you base your decisions on your core beliefs, you will see results in your life that are a reflection of your most authentic self. So, what is this magic tool that will help you to make great decisions? 
CREATING A VALUES LIST- take some time to quietly reflect on your personal values, and compose a list once you have developed 10- 15 of your top values. Rank your values from most important to least important. For example, my top values are:
Freedom
Family
Music
Knowledge and learning
Security
Connection
Vulnerability
Humor
Ambition
Financial independence
Meditation
Health and Wellness
Esthetics
Creativity
Therefore, my business where I work as a fitness instructor and life coach are totally in alignment with my core values. I chose my career path based on said values, and left my cushy government job.  Guess what? I have never looked back. I absolutely love coaching, writing and fitness. Likewise, if you are encountering some turbulence in any aspect of your life, it's a safe bet that one of your values is being neglected, so look over your list to gain clarity as to how the situation can become better through honoring your values, and making the necessary changes to allow that value to gain presence in your job/ relationship/ family life etc.! 
Keep your values list on your phone or in your wallet for quick and easy access. 
If you want to change your life for the better, consult your values list whenever you are faced with tough decisions, and watch your authentic life begin to unfold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment